The following sets forth the policies for the collection and use of personally identifiable information ("Information") by Political.com ("Company") in connection with its operation of its Web site located at www.political.com (the "Site"), and supersedes any previous statement of such policies. Company takes its obligations regarding privacy very seriously, and it wants to ensure users are fully informed about the Information they are providing to it.
Collection of Information.
In connection with the Site, Company may collect Information in the following ways:
- Through forms filled out by a user on the Site.
- Through Information provided by a user in connection with the services of the Site.
- Through the maintenance and analysis of Web server logs.
- Through surveys, polls, prize promotion entries, blogs and postings and submittals.
- Via e-mail, telephone calls and other communications between a user and Company.
Company may also connect non-personally identifiable information from users via "cookies" (small text files placed by Company on user computers), single-pixel GIF image files, Web server log analysis and other similar technological means. Such information may be used to track site trends and enhance the user experience, and may be shared with third parties.
To the extent third parties may place advertising on the Site, such third parties may utilize cookies or other technological means within the advertising to collect and utilize non-personally identifiable information. Company is not responsible for information collected by third parties in this manner, nor for the collection or use of Information by other sites to which the Site is linked.
Types of Information Collected by Company.
The following types of Information about a user are among those that may be collected by Company in connection with the Site:
- Postal address
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Cell phone number
- Date of birth
- IP Address
- Referring site
- Other information provided by you to Company
- Other technical information collected by the Site's servers
No Collection of Information from Children.
The Site is not intended for users under the age of 18, nor does Company knowingly collect or retain Information in connection with the Site from children under the age of 13.
Use of Information.
Company may use Information collected in connection with the Site in the following ways:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web Site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- To provide requested information, products and services to users via the Site or through other online or offline channels
- To enable users to enter prize promotions and receive prizes from Company and/or third parties
- To allow you to receive other offers from non-affiliated third party companies and marketers
- To improve the user experience with the Site
- In connection with the operation of the Site
- For users to obtain information and offers for products and services offered by Company as well as selected third parties.
In order to do the foregoing, Company may provide the Information to third parties, including but not limited to selected third party marketers and vendors as well as third party contractors providing services to Company such as the operation of the Site, communication services and fulfillment of orders, and information verification. Credit card information, such as card numbers and expiration dates, are collected only when purchases are made and are used only for purchase transactions. Company also utilizes electronic and physical security to reduce the risk of improper access to or manipulation of Information during transmission and storage, but cannot guarantee the security or integrity of the Information and shall have no liability for breaches of security or integrity or third-party interception in transit.
Company may also disclose Information to affiliated entities, when it determines it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, in connection with a merger, acquisition, asset purchase or sale of or by Company, or to protect the interests or safety of Company, its customers, or other visitors to the Site.
Opting Out from Offers from Company.
At any time, a user may opt out from receiving future offers from Company through the user's profile on the Site, by following the instructions contained within each marketing communication or through the user's Online Profile Page. Such opting out will not apply to any communications from third parties to whom Company may have provided Information regarding the user. Third parties' use of the Information is subject to such parties' own privacy policies, for which Company shall not be responsible.
Access to Information.
All users who provide their Information to Company may modify and correct such Information via the users' Online Profile Page.
Your California Privacy Rights.
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Company who are California residents to request certain information regarding Company's disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.